Designer (3+ years experience)
Hello, we are MODE. We craft brands, develop unique and intuitive experiences and tell stories across industries and mediums. Located in Charlotte’s South End, we are a group of designers, art directors, writers, developers, and strategists that have a passion for what we do. We’re currently looking for a Designer to join our team. Interested candidates should have a book demonstrating thoughtful, inspired design solutions. You’re naturally collaborative, obsessive over details, and able to express why your solutions work. You’re confident creating in a wide range of mediums. If that sounds like you, and you’re driven to keep getting better, we’d like to hear from you.
- 3+ years of design experience in an agency environment or equivalent
- Ambition to take on any project and execute it at a high level–creatively and efficiently
- Versatility to work across media–including print, digital, motion, and environmental
- Verbal communication skills to present ideas and concepts to a team
- Enthusiasm for all types of projects and the desire to make it exceptional
- Thoughtfulness, collaboration, and drive to create great work
- Demonstrated understanding of digital design best practices
- Preferred experience art directing photography
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborating with Creative Directors, Art Directors, Copywriters and Designers
- Contributing to a wide variety of projects across diverse industries
- Developing creative solutions from concept to completion–campaigns, identities, printed collateral, branded environments, digital experiences and more
- 100% Employee Medical Coverage
- 401(k) Plan with match
- 5+ Weeks vacation per year (19 PTO days, 9 observed holidays)
- Work From Home Days
- Vibrant culture with strong work/life balance
- Continuing Education support
- Catered Lunch & Learns
- Summer Fridays (off at 2pm)
- Free Snacks & Beer/Wine
- New office in South End on Light Rail Trail, walking distance to bars, restaurants and more.
Please send a copy of your resume and online or PDF portfolio to email@example.com with the subject line "GIVE ME A JOB.”
* This is a full-time design position in-house on our team. An online portfolio is required for consideration. Unfortunately, we won't be able to respond to all applicants but we will reach out to you if your portfolio and resume match the outlined requirements. No phone calls or visits please. No recruiters.
Charlotte beautifully balances an energetic metropolitan lifestyle with traditional Southern charm. It offers the amenities of a major city - urban neighborhoods, active nightlife, cultural centers, and an eclectic restaurant scene - all with the convenience and warmth of a small town.
The Queen City, nicknamed in honor of British Queen Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, is growing at an astounding rate, quickly closing in on a population of over one million. More young professionals are moving to Charlotte than almost anywhere in the country, and business is booming. The cost of living is attractive (46% lower than NYC), the weather is great, and the mountains and beach are just a short drive away. We’re happy to call Charlotte home, and we think you will be, too.